WordPress Person of the Day #0043
Name: Chris Pearson
Country: United States
From his about page:
Whattup, ladies and gentlemen. I really wanted to write up an introduction where I jokingly referenced myself in the third person, but I poked around a bit and discovered that the rest of the Internet had already done it. C’est la vie, right?
Oh well—looks like I’ll have to shoot straight from the hip instead. Speaking of which, you’ll find a bulleted list of my interests and Web exploits below. Once you’re done reading through all the points, you’ll understand why I own a third-world nation, an island in Dubai, and a TI–85 calculator circa 19961:
- I’m a Web developer who specializes in building detailed, robust WordPress themes.
- The goal of my work on the Web is to help as many people as possible build and run successful sites.
- I run DIYthemes, which is, according to the site’s tagline, the “ultimate WordPress theme marketplace.” If it says that on the ‘net, then it must be true, right?
- I have a love/hate relationship with writing. While I love the end results, I mostly hate the process because I’m always fighting a narrow-minded perfectionism that seems to increase production time by a factor of three or more. I’d like to say I’m getting better at handling it intelligently, but then I’d be a liar… *sigh*
- I believe very strongly in deliverables. You want attention? You want to increase business? You want more Web traffic? Get some deliverables, my friend.
- I earned a Mechanical Engineering degree from Georgia Tech, but soon after graduation, I realized that I absolutely cannot stand about 99% of the jobs that mechanical engineers have. So much for that degree! Sorry, Mom… It was still money well spent
- When I was in school, I hated writing papers because the process was always such a time-consuming pain in the ass. Now, I do it for a living. Solid.