WordPress Plug-In of the Day #0025
Title: TweetMeme Retweet Button
From the author:
The TweetMeme Retweet button is the defacto standard in retweeting – used by some of the biggest websites in the world including Techcrunch.com, PerezHilton.com, Break.com, CNET.com, Wired, Time Magazine and hundreds of other massive brands, in total it is installed on over 100,000 websites around the globe.
“The Tweetmeme button is a fantastic way for our readers to engage with our stories and signals which posts are a hit with the Twitter community. The button has been a valuable addition to our site and consistently drives reader engagement.” Pete Cashmore, Mashable.com
Easily allows your blog post or page to be retweeted. It provides a live count of how many times your post/page has been retweeted throughout Twitter.
- Hashtag support (which are automatically taken from your post tags)
- Ability to control the length of the tweets
- Live count of tweets from Twitter
- Allows you to change the source which you retweet, E.g. “RT @yourname “
- Easily installation and customisation
- Quicker loading times for the buttons
- Better integration, allowing custom titles, hashtags and URL shortner
- Removes the default “RT @tweetmeme”
- Ability to control the length of the tweets (through the new spaces parameter)
- Integrates with WordPress MU