WordPress Tip of the Day #0020
Title: Comment in Forums
Last week we told you about commenting on other blogs (Click here to see the post) and how that could drive traffic to your website, well the same can be said for Forums.
I would even go as far to say that Forums can be even more influential and can give you more credibility because you can get involved. There are forums out there for every subject you can think of, us Google to search for them and I’m sure you will be able to find at least a dozen for your site.
The thing with Forums, is usually the majority of the people will be in one of the top three forums for a particular subject, so there’s no need to join all of them just pick the 2 or 3 that are the most active and run with that.
Here are a couple Forum tips:
1) Don’t spam the discussion with your links.
2) Make sure you set up your link and slogan in your signature so that it will apply in all your posts and replies.
3) Start with an introduction post about you, saying you’re new, most forums have a place for this, if you aren’t sure it’s the right place make sure you write that in the post.
4) Try and find questions from members and answer them, or ask your own questions.
5) Avoid just posting empty replies like “nice post” or anything else short, try to add stuff, this will make people more interested in you and may lead them to check out what else you got, meaning your link (s).
In closing, just try to stick to one forum or two, and try to be active and friendly and that will definetly increases your credibility and visitors to your website.