WordPress Person of the Day #0006
Name: Jerry Jourdan
- Question: When and why did you start blogging?
Answer: I started blogging since the beginning of this year and the reason why is similar to someone who starts learning piano. It came naturally and it is now playing a big part on promoting my company and my own activities.
- Question: How many websites do you have using WordPress and what they are?
Answer: As for now, I can proudly say that I am now running 5 websites with wordpress. The first one is like my first son, YoungHockeyStars.com where you can find all that you need to know on these young hockey players who are changing the game. Then, I have BlackBerryBoogie.com for every BlackBerry and smartphones fanatics and my own personal site which is JerryJourdan.com. Two are still in process to be launched soon : MBETV.com (there’s a countdown running until the next launch) and GhettoInternational.com (a true political portal on everyday’s worldwide events). My goal til the end of this year is to have 10 wordpress sites running.
- Question: Why did you choose WordPress?
Answer: When I really think of it, I didn’t really choose WordPress, WordPress chose me. Being a graphic designer, designed websites was always a passion and sometimes, that can take a lot of time and focus. And, I have to give it up to one of WordPress’ God, Jamie Northrup, who has taught me the very essence on how to use the tool.
- Question: How much have you spent on your websites (Ads, Hosting, Themes, Etc) and how much is your approximate revenue?
Answer: Being in a restructural phase within my own company, I spent much of my time planning, designing, refreshing, promoting, etc.. on every one of my websites. For now, 3 hours or so per day, combined on different projects is all the time that I am spending now. Started as a passion, revenue is not really a factor for now as I am aiming on something much needed at this time which is the implement of a high potential network. Hopefully, I’ll soon be able to get the title of a “NetworKing”…
- Question: What kind of advice can you give to anyone using WordPress?
Answer: Passion is the clue. Knowledge is the tool and Time is your loot. With all that combined, any website can have a significant shot at running a successful website : Never give up on a site. And as Muhammad Ali would say : “A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he’ll never crow. I have seen the light and I’m crowing.”
- Quick Question #1: How many RSS feeds are you subscribed to?
Answer: I would say at least 30 but I am really following 10 of them for now.
- Quick Question #2: Free themes, premium themes or your own themes?
Answer: I don’t understand the question.
- Quick Question #3: Do you do most your blogging at home, work, other?
Answer: Almost anywhere and I’m planning on getting the new BlackBerry Tour which will definitely help me on my blogging crusade.
- Quick Question #4: What kind of devices do you blog from?
Answer: A HP Desktop and a Toshiba Satellite Laptop.
- Quick Question #5: What is the best way to reach you?
Answer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 514.808.8718.